Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wedding Day Essentials: The Emergency Kit

When I was writing my wedding planning eBook, I briefly mentioned the emergency kit in chapter ten. It is one of the random miscellaneous things you need to stick in there, but it is also very important. While I didn't use everything I packed in my emergency kit, I was definitely happy that I brought the things I did use. You never know what you are going to need that day.



There are many different emergency kit lists online, but all of them seemed a little incomplete to me. I opened maybe 12 different blogs that had emergency kits listed, trying to find one that had new items for consideration. Each person's emergency kit will be a little different, so I recommend you do some additional research and find blogs that have complete kit lists that fit your needs. I designated the items on my list by bride, groom, and both. Some things I packed in my kit that could be used for both and I kept sending my Maid of Honor down to the boys room to see if they needed anything from the kit.

Bride

Tissues
Hairspray
Lip Gloss
Concealer
Mascara
Powder
Comb
Deodorant
Curling Iron
Bobby Pins
Nail File
Perfume
Baby Wipes
Chalk (to color in any strange stains on your dress)
Contact Solution and Case
Extra Contacts
Scotch Tape
Straws (so your lipstick doesn't get messed up drinking a water bottle)
Hand Gel
Tampons/Pantyliners

Groom

Comb
Deodorant
Lint Roller
Cologne
Inhaler
Hair Gel

Both

Cuticle Scissors
Safety Pins
Sewing Kit
Bandaids
Mints/Gum
Ibuprofen
Allergy Medicine
Tide Stick
Mouthwash
Eye Drops
Phone Charger
Chapstick

I also used Pinterest for research on my emergency kit and other miscellaneous ideas that didn't seem to fit anywhere else in my binder. I found things like the idea to drink champagne and orange sorbet the morning of the wedding instead of the classic mimosa with orange juice. I also found a very helpful blog post that gave a tip to spread baby powder on your thighs before you put the dress on so your legs don't chaff when you inevitably sweat.



I love Pinterest because just typing in "wedding" in the search bar will give you hundreds of pins full of inspiration, advice, and tips you never would have thought of. All of the little tips I collected went into my Gifts and Miscellaneous folder on my binder. To see what else you need for your binder, or how to effectively build one, check out my book on Amazon: "How to Create the Ultimate Wedding Planning Binder - And Other Helpful Wedding Planning Tips"


No comments:

Post a Comment